Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Back to Cali

I know we've (and I definitely include myself) all developed somewhat of an obsession (addiction?) to the 08 race, but I'm constantly shocked to learn that there are actually other things going on, things that actually do things, like initiatives and stuff.

On that note, in a margin that rivals Florida status, the term limits reform ballot initiative qualified for the February ballot today, by a mere 957 signatures, out of the hundreds of thousands that are required.

I hope you all join me in supporting this badly needed initiative. If you follow state politics at all (which I barely do), you can see how absurd it is to kick someone out of their seat after 6 years in office, creating a ridiculous constant search for higher office, as well as a never ending power vacuum that gives more, not less, power to special interest lobbies.

February is shaping up to be a fun election.

No comments: