Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Member Spotlight: Issue 1

Bruin Democrats Member Spotlight is a special feature on our Blog that lets the general public get to know our club members, one at a time.

Today, meet Brick Christensen, a 1st Year History Major / Classics Minor!

"I decided to join Bruin Democrats because I had always wanted to join a school-based political party. My high school did not have Democrat/Republican clubs and was not very politically active. One day I'd personally like to run for politics and so I felt that BruinDemocrats could help me to achieve that goal. Plus, it's a lot of fun and I know a lot of people that are in it!

My favorite Bruin Dems activity thus far had to be the Election Night 2006 Party. Not only did the Democrats sweep back into power, we also had a great night at Gabe's [Bruin Democrats’ President]!

If I was "King for a day", I'd want to travel all over my "kingdom", as in America. I'd want to see how the people are living and ask them what it's like to try and understand what they are going through. I think that the current lack of understanding of the plight of the common people is a big problem for America's leadership right now.

The coolest thing I've done at UCLA has been a member of the UCLA Marching Band. I'll never forget winning the SC game and being on the field after time expired, looking up at the crowd and the excitement at the Rose Bowl. It was an incredible night and something I'll remember for as long as I'm a Bruin fan (forever)."

No comments: