Wednesday, September 05, 2007

And I Thought Tuition and Fee Hikes Were Bad...

So I was walking to my summer session class today (I'm writing this in class as we speak - I'm a very attentive student), when I noticed my parched mouth was in need of some refreshing. So I meandered over to one of 8 million vending machines on UCLA's campus and was given the SHOCK OF MY LIFE.

Vending prices for soft drinks have risen ONCE AGAIN!!! Now, a 20 oz. water or soda costs $1.50...They cost $1.25 a week ago!!! YES! $1.50. In the past three years sodas have risen FIFTY CENTS...they've gone from a dollar to a dollar fifty. This is simply unacceptable.

I have tolerated getting screwed by UCLA for 3 years now - whether it be parking, URSA, increased tuition, or the perpetual construction. But this is enough to make me go Che on their ass.

No comments: